Beyond The Book Covers By Amanda Struz

Who am I?

About Me

My photo
I am the Cover Designer exclusive to XoXo Publishing. All my Cover Designs are 100% Copyright-Free. Nothing "Pre-Made." I work with each and every author to create a cover they will be proud to show off, and one that I would be proud to stamp my name on. My posts are the REAL DEAL. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen! I live the Truth, I speak the Truth, and I tell the Truth.

11/10/2010

Today's Post! - STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES...Part II

As a sequel to my earlier post today, I wish to say a few ranting words about author's as well. As the cover designer for a publishing company, it is fair to say, that I come across many types of author's, be it in their writing style, genre, etc, but what gets em the most, is the attitudes of some authors (not saying which company they are with - keeping names out of it to be professional about it). It baffles me beyond belief that a company would have enough faith in them, and their writing, to offer a contract and wish to publish their works.
A company signs them on, then after going through the editing process, they then decide, "oops, sorry, wish to take my work elsewhere; I got a better offer." Well good for them is all I have to say, it is the author's choice as to where they wish to publish, however, this kind of undermined attitude and nonprofessional manner, will only land them in the same place they were before, "unpublished." It is people such as this, that seek to destroy others with unfounded accusations, illegitimate proof, and wildly imaginative causes. Maybe they should be writers after all??? One could only guess.
If a person does not investigate a company prior to submission, then what valid reason do they have to complain when things don't go their way? The answer is simple..they DON'T. Instead, they go off on their own, bash and slander to their hearts content, and then try to gain sympathy from those who have been in the same situation, though many of "those" people were probably truly taken advantage of, so in turn, those who do the bashing, are nothing short of "bully's, back-stabbers, thieves, and ultimately, unpublished in the end.
If people only lived by one simple rule: "Do unto other's as you would have them do unto you", maybe then, the publishing world will be a better place to write and publish in. Can't we all just get along, and be civil about things anymore? For some, then answer is NO! Why we wonder? It is because they do not seek the help, they seek to destroy, for their own self-preservation.
The world is full of competition, it is time that the bully's get it through their thick skulls, and learn that in a world of competition, nothing is fair, nothing is guaranteed, but working together, working hard at what we love, we will all, in the end, SUCCEED!

3 comments:

  1. VERY well said, Amanda!! As an author who's published with many publishers, I know what you've said to be plain, solid truth. Too many people go into this with the idea that what they want is what they should get, and prance off muttering when reality bites... All crap at the end of the day - writers do their jobs, and those who can't work simply remains those who talk about it all...

    As a friend of mine pointed out to me: Opinions are like a**holes, everybody's got one - and what's the purpose of an a**hole? Too pour forth sh*t.... Take it for what it's worth, right?

    Hugs and kudos to you for speaking out!!
    Always ~ Denysé

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant blog Amanda. Now I know why XoXo Publishing is proud of its professional staff. You all say it as it is. Too bad some authors ruin everything for others and don't go straight to the source.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much. I tell it like it is, and sometime's people don't like what I have to say, but if I am not honest, then what am I to become? I am no hypocrite, and I believe strongly in what I say, and people do have a right to know the truth!

    ReplyDelete